Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spent my free time this evening organizing my altered books supplies and refamiliarizing myself with what I have after my nearly year-long hiatus. Got about 3/4 the way through the cutouts. Haven't touched the bought ephemera yet, really. I also want to organize my stamps and take pictures of them, so that I can quickly flip through what I've got on one or two index pages.

Metalsmithing took a back seat in the run up to Christmas since I'm not confident enough with it yet to give projects as a gift. Plus so much of it is better done outside that it's really a warmer weather - along with longer sunlight - craft. (As opposed to altered books, which is better indoors on these long dark and cold nights.)

Besides downloading Ahnenblatt, genealogical research has come to a screeching halt. Which is a shame, now that Luke is using Geni more and I got a little access to a large database. Perhaps because it is such a huge time commitment? I should think about spending one of my free Saturdays a month compiling the information I have and clarifying what I want to look for next.

In lieu of pictures of my own, let me direct you to my flickr galleries; there are several arts and crafts related ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment